Calligraphy Quotes


When my mom was growing up, her mother Pearl Marie would stick a quote or two up in her room.  Usually from a philosopher or poet my mother was really into.  My mother learned calligraphy at an early age.  Over the years she would write out quotes that she particularly liked.  My grandmother wanted to have a whole gallery wall of them, a collection really.

 This is the only one that was framed before she died and was always hung on a wall of ours growing up.
 When my mom came back to teach, her old highschool teacher still had a quote she gave him.  Yes, she teaches where she went to highschool.  When he retired he gave it back to her and I popped it in a frame.
 This is all that we have of the imagined Gallery Wall.  Right now my mom is working on a file folder of quotes in different sizes for each grandkid.  None of the quotes will be done on paper in unusual sizes though, as I want them to be easy to pop into a frame. However I don't want them all looking the same. 



I also pinned some really great Canadian quotes.  Liana, Laura K., Kristy and I would be stuck at the 
bus stop on freezing cold days.  The drives down Sarcee were unforgettable.
 
They say it's because some parents drop their kids off anyway because they have to go to work. If no one was there, the student could freeze to death. Is the problem the School or the Parent?
 Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...