Union Jack / British Flag Tutorial (Read the Tips at the End)!















Here are some tips:
Choose a plain background fabric and then two with a pattern.  This will make measuring a lot easier.  You can hopefully just follow the pattern of the fabric.  
You're welcome to round up to the next inch but you might wanna fold a little more than a quarter of an inch.
If you like this fabric I bought it at Jo-Ann's in 3 different trips using 3 different coupons.  Because I have friends in all places.
I think this makes a great baby shower gift!  The Union Jack is mod.  And have lots of fun doing this.  Any questions or comments can be emailed or left on the blog.   Measurements:
Back Crosses(pink in picture): 33" length, 4 inches width
Top Thinner Back Crosses(polka-dot in pictures): 33" length, 1 1/4 width
Horizontal Line (Pink): 27 1/2" length, 5 3/4 width
Vertical Line (Pink): 18 1/2" length, 5 3/4 width
Horizontal Thin Line (Polka-Dot): 27 1/2 length, 3 3/4 width
Vertical Line: 18 1/2 length, 3 3/4 width
Phew! I think that's it.


2 comments:

  1. thank you for this tutorial. i love your union jack creation! ill surely will make my own :)
    adding this tute to my fave list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a Union Jack cushion last year and could have really used your tutorial at the time! I think these cushions looks so sweet! (found you through The Train to Crazy)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...